Sunday, November 14, 2010

Tarot: A Tarot Thanksgiving – Part 1

From Evernote:

Tarot: A Tarot Thanksgiving – Part 1

For those who are interested in Tarot. This article is about using the Tarot as a guide for giving thanks. Enjoy!

Peace & Love - 

A Tarot Thanksgiving – Part 1

Posted by Bonnie Cehovet

Here in the U.S. the fourth Thursday in November is designated as Thanksgiving. The original Thanksgiving in the U.S. was a celebration of the Pilgrims having made it through their first arduous year in a new land. It was also a giving of thanks for the wisdom that the Native Indians had shared with the pilgrims about living in harmony with the land, and supporting themselves well. In modern times, Thanksgivingis a gathering of family and friends, huge dinners featuring turkey, stuffing and Pumpkin pie, watching football, and the Macy’s parade, which features the first appearance of Santa Claus each year.

Thanksgiving & Tarot

We know the Tarot as a tool of empowerment, as a series of archetypes that embody the Fool’s Journey, also known as the Hero’s Journey, or, in Jungian terms, the Journey of Individuation. Each archetype, by nature, references experiences that are common to all of us. Each archetype also contains wisdom that we are thankful for. Thanksgiving is most literally a time of giving thanks.

Notes of Thanks From the Tarot

The Fool- I give thanks for the energy of potential. Within me resides the potential for all things, good and bad. My thanks also go to the new beginings that I am about to embark on, and the acceptance that I hold within my self that all can be and will be, that any mis-steps can be corrected. I am thankful that I am without fear.

The Magician – I give thanks for the Elemental Energies that make all things possible, that are the tools of my being. I give thanks for my ability to think and act quickly, with honor and integrity. I give thanks for my ability to activate my dreams, and turn them into reality. I am thankful that the will of Spirit works through me.

The High Priestess- I give thanks for my ability to access the wisdom of Spirit. I give thanks for my intuitive/psychic ability, and for my ability to analyze and brng balance to life.

The Empress- I give thanks for my abiliy to understand and nurture life. I give thanks that I represent the feminine principle in life (for both men and women), and that with my attention I can sustain joy, happiness, abundance and prosperity in all that surrounds me. I give thanks for my ability to both give and receive love.

The Emperor – i give thanks that I represent the male principle in life, that through logic and reason I can bring balance to my inner and outer worlds. I give thanks that I am an authority figure, a leader through which physical (social) laws are defined and enacted.

The Hierophant- I give thanks that my gift is that of channeling spiritual law into the phsyical world. I give thanks that I carry the gift of being a spiritual teacher/mentor, so that I may share my wisdom with others.

The Lovers- i give thanks that my gift is that of bringing opposites together, of acting as a bridge to unification. I give thanks that I unite male and female both within (anima/animus) and without (relationship with another person).

The Chariot- I give thanks that I have faith and trust in Spirit, and that this will allow me to become a clear channel for Spirit. I give thanks that my will, and my faith, will make me victorious.

Justice – I give thanks that I have the gift of bringing balance into any and all situations. I give thanks that through me lessons from the past are released, and success is attained.

The Hermit – I give thanks that I carry the gift of inner wisdom – of the necessity for taking a time out to access that wisdom, as well as the necessity for sharing it with others. i give thanks for the gift of being able to see beyond life’s illusions.

The Wheel of Fortune – I give thanks that I embody the wisdom of the cycles of life.

Strength- I give thanks that I have the gift of connecting opposites forces within an indivdual. I give thanks that within me the spiritual world takes precedence over the physical world. I give thanks that I have the inner strength to be objective.

The Hanged Man – I give thanks that through me comes enlightenment. I give thanks that I represent a time of transition, a time of accepting the necessity of sacrifice.

Death – I give thanks for the transformation that is coming into my life. I give thanks for the release of that which no longer serves me well, creating room for new things in my life.

Temperance – I give thanks for the ability to bring balance and healing into my life. I give thanks for the patience that it takes to release old hurts and heal the wounds they leave behind.

The Devil – I give thanks for my ability to listen to my intuition, and to face my shadows. I give thanks for my ability to let go of the material world.

The Tower – I give thanks for the ability to tear down the rigid structures in my life. I give thanks for my ability to let go of the past, and to reassess my personal belief system.

The Star – I give thanks for the sense of hope that I was gifted with. I give thanks for my ability to access my creative self, and feel comfortable using my talents.

The Moon- I give thanks for my psychic ability. I give thanks for my ability to access my unconscious mind. I give thanks for the ability to see the difference between illusion and reality in my blife.

The Sun – I give thanks for the warmth and light in my life. I give thanks for a sense of hope, and for the happiness, joy and success that surround me.

Judgment – I give thanks for the sense of spiritual awareness that is opening up within me.

The World – I give thanks for the successes in my life. I give thanks that my world has come together, that one cycle has ended, and that another is yet to begin.

Conclusion

What are you thankful for in your life? Which of the archetypes helps you to express those thanks? Which archetypes are you afraid to thank? How do you feel about that?

Posted from http://www.tarotelements.com/personal-development/a-tarot-thanksgiving-part-1/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TarotElements+%28Tarot+Elements%29&utm_content=Google+Reader 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great Deals from Amazon!