Saturday, March 5, 2011

News: Man apologizes for traffic jam via Twitter

From Evernote:

News: Man apologizes for traffic jam via Twitter

Making the best out of a difficult situation, I love it! Enjoy!

Later!
From the news desk of ilovetater.com
Join fans of Tater on Facebook!

Man apologizes for traffic jam via Twitter

A6c4c9b644fbdca3baf72877835c36
By OWEN LEI / KING 5 News

SEATTLE -- A tongue-in-cheek way of documenting his ordeal on Interstate 5 got a bigger response than Michael Micheletti ever expected.

"Everybody is going to run into trouble at some point," said Micheletti, a designer from Shoreline. "And I guess my experience was good people were there to help me, so I'm really appreciative of that."

Micheletti's car stalled in the center lane of southbound I-5 Friday morning, just north of the Seattle Convention Center. He said he actually was headed to the BMW dealership because a service light had recently come on.

He missed it by two miles.

"I was driving on the highway, and many more lights came on on the dashboard and I wasn't quite sure what they all meant, and then the car slowed to a stop and stalled."

The stall caused traffic to back up as far north as Lake City Way.

"You know, I saw all those people behind me with their blinkers on trying to change lanes into swift moving traffic," Micheletti said. "I was in their way, it wasn't a good thing."

After calling for a tow truck, he decided to post a message on Twitter.
"I thought, 'Okay I'm here with traffic whizzing by, I can't do anything else, my car's non-functional, I'll send out a message,' and that was it. Just kind of poking fun at me as much anybody else," he said.

At 7:51 a.m., using his Twitter alias "MikeyM," Micheletti sent this out:

"That black BMW stalled in the center lane of I-5? Yeah, that's me. Sorry, I don't like it either."

Within minutes...

From the news desk of ilovetater.com
Join fans of Tater on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great Deals from Amazon!