Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Magick: Popping Pills and Magical Practice

For those who are interested in Magick. Does taking prescription pills affect your magick? Deborah goes into her own experience on this subject. Enjoy! 

Peace & Love 

Tater

Click here for Real Spells and check out the amazing Magick store!

Become of a fan of Real Spells on Facebook

Popping Pills and Magical Practice
By Deborah

Image001


Since writing my latest article for WitchVox on Magically Cleansing Your Home, I've been getting the same question over and over:

Do you think that taking medication affects your magical practice?

My short answer would be: No.

For those of you interested in a discussion, I will share my thoughts with you here. Firstly, I'd like to say that I really dislike it when people are made to feel like they need to engage in secrecy and shame. If that happens, something has really gone wrong in my opinion. The fact that apparently a lot of Pagans/Magical Practitioners feel that they can't talk about taking prescription medication -- and need to hide the reality that they do take medications from the community -- makes me really sad. Taking care of your health and taking advantage of modern medicine shouldn't be something you have to feel shame about in spiritual circles.

So let's start kicking down some walls and lay it all out there. I have depression, anxiety, anemia and fibromyalgia. I currently take the following medications to make it so that I am a productive member of society: Prozac, Xanax, Remeron, Savella, Celebrex, Vitamin D, Multi-Vitamin and Birth Control. In the past, I have: gone to therapy and tried Kava and St. John's Wort to help.

The therapy helped immensely, the Kava and St. John's Wort significantly less so. In addition to my medication I use yoga, stress management techniques, japa/self guided meditation, massage, journaling and talking to loved ones to manage my conditions. I see my doctor regularly. She is very tight fisted with all the "fun" meds and I don't think I could get a Vicodin out of her if it meant she could retire on an island of her own. But at the same time, she treats my conditions very aggressively.

Even with good coping mechanisms, good medication and a good support structure, I still have days where I'm anxious and can't sleep and I occasionally have days when I am depressed for no reason. Sometimes my fibromyalgia causes me so much fatigue and pain still that I can't get out of bed... Full Article 

Image002

Need advice? Get a personal one-on-one  psychic tarot reading with Tater now!  A real, live reading from the comfort of your own home or office via Skype video. Intuitive and practical, Tater's readings provide wise advise and spiritual guidance. Don't wait!  Click Here! All payments 100% secured by Paypal.

Available in person in the Phoenix area for private readings and parties, email me - tater@erealspells.com  

Image003

Click here for Real Spells and check out the amazing Magick store!

Become of a fan of Real Spells on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great Deals from Amazon!