Thursday, September 22, 2011

Peanut Butter Fingers and Magick Moments

Image001

By Tater Scot

My fingers are brown and smell like peanut butter. Okay, I know that sounds bad. It's because I have just finished giving, my dog, his medicine. Does that help? Is it conjuring up bad images? Probably. Well the bone and joint medicine I give to my dog, Alistar, is peanut butter flavored. He's getting up there in years and has now reached the "geriatric" age for dogs.

He used to walk with me every morning, proudly. But recently it became a struggle, but he still wags his tail. So he's had to stay home. But he walks with me in spirit. He's been walking with me for so long that I can still feel him near me when I am on my walk. I can see his tail all perched like a periscope, trotting right next to me.

Alistar doesn't like taking his medicine. I tried to give the peanut butter flavored chewable pill to him, as a treat. I mean peanut butter flavor is supposed to be dog-approved. But he didn't buy it. So I have been trying to hide it wrapped in a piece of cheese. But he has already figured out how to separate the cheese from the pill and then to casually drop it on the floor, hoping I won't notice. So, of course, now I have to pick up the spit covered-peanut flavored pill and try again. Hence the reason my fingers smell like cheese and peanut butter. Plus I added fish oil as a supplement. Yuck! I guess maybe that's why he doesn't want it. Oh well. He needs to take his medicine. I want him to be walking with me again.

Image002

Not wanting my fingers to smell like the peanut-butter-cheese-fish oil combo, I have decided to change tactics. Now, I wrap the pills in a piece of ham. So far, so good. It seems that his tendency to swallow meat, whole, and without question has its merits.

Of course, being a modern day wizard, I cast real spells of healing on both man and beast. While working on healing magick on my dog, a new magick word came to me. The word was "nienastar". It was more of a magickal tone. I could feel it channeling through me straight to the spots that need healing. He went outside a short time later and was actually running around. He seems to be feel better. Of course, his tail was wagging, like it always does.

I remember the first day we met. Friends had purchased a gift certificate at the pound (I had no idea they did such things). I was still in grief about the loss of my dog, Anastasia, on Christmas day. I told them I really wasn't sure I wanted to go "pick out a replacement". But unbeknownst to me, they had already gone down to the pound and picked out several dogs that they felt I might like. We went through them and low and behold the last choice was the perfect choice. He and I connected instantly. I can't explain the connection but it is strong. I have been with him more almost 10 years now.

He is the energy I have connected with my magick wand. The dog head carved on the end of my wand was inspired by him, as he sat at my feet. I feel his energy channel through the wand. I can't tell you why only that the energy he provides is powerful!

Image003

Tater Scot, known for his enlightening tarot card spreads, is a modern day wizard, psychic, comedian, actor and hermetic, casting real spells of healing, encouragement and laughter in Phoenix, Arizona.

Image004

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great Deals from Amazon!