Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tarot: Baggage Claim - Ten of Wands

From Evernote:

Tarot: Baggage Claim - Ten of Wands

For those who are interested in Tarot (and Astrology). Dixie shares with us an astrological view on the Ten of Wands from the Zodiac Tarot. Enjoy!

Peace & Love - 

Baggage Claim - Ten of Wands
By Dixie

Elsa asked how long it takes you to learn something important. A very interesting question. Some life lessons I’d consider pivotal points, I realized it takes me about seven years to process. A Saturn cycle! Geez Louise. Up to the tipping point, each time I’d make a little progress, feel like I had finally gotten it. That was it…right? That was what I’d been missing!

Until the next time I’d get a setback or trigger that would poke me again. Then I do it all over again.

Today’s Tarot is the Ten of Torches from Zodiac Tarot, aka the Ten of Wands and associated with Saturn in Sagittarius. This version has old man Saturn waiting for his bags at the airport. (I’d guess pre-TSA mayhem.) Now, I don’t think he really wants to be there. He looks tired, with the leaning and the cane. He would much prefer to be at his destination, right? But he has to deal with his baggage first.

 

It’s interesting to compare this version to the traditional version. This is another one of my oft-drawn personal cards. What can I say? It’s a "growth opportunity" for me. Ha!

This is, indeed, a very long term pattern. I deal with my feelings over family rejection, losing custody, realizations about parenting, integrating a Pluto transit, etc. It would annoy me I wasn’t "over it" yet, but what are you going to do? Reject a bit of clarity because you’re angry you didn’t find it sooner?

I don’t think this is a bad thing, though. Some of these feelings are intense. So to process them in chunks, absorbing exactly as much of the experience as you’re prepared to absorb, it allows breathers. You can work (Saturn) on expanding (Sagittarius) your mastery (Saturn) and perspective (Sagittarius) . It lightens the load of offloading the changes into your life.

I do consider mastering my own perspective as an appropriate Ten of Wands proposition. My thoughts, my feelings are my responsibility, so I intend to carry those wands by myself. If they get to be too much, I can choose to put some down. If I’m careful to claim all my own baggage, I know I’m not projecting it off on somebody else, adding to their load. Do no harm.

When do you find it’s an appropriate time to express Ten of Wands energy?

From Dixie's Daily Tarot

Posted from http://www.elsaelsa.com/astrology/2010/12/01/saturn-sag-tarot-forecast/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Elsaelsacom+(ElsaElsa+-+The+Astrology+Blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great Deals from Amazon!